Action Hour for refugees is held annually on 19 August – United Nations World Humanitarian day.
This year, we’re asking you to give up just one hour of your time to take action and become a humanitarian for the 65 million people around the world who have been forced to flee their homes due to conflict and persecution.
You can make a difference. An hour is all it takes.
In just one hour you could do so many things.
Donate an hour of your salary
Donate your lunch money
Sign up to Team UNHCR - get sponsored and Take Action
Hold a bake sale at work during Action Hour
Do a gold coin donation at work during Action Hour
Volunteer for a refugee organisation like Australia for UNHCR
Join us for Action Hour in support of humanitarian emergencies.
Everybody has the power to make a difference in the world.
- including, and especially, you.
1. having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people
2. of or pertaining to ethical or theological humanitarianism
3. pertaining to the saving of lives or to the alleviation of sufferingnoun
4. a person actively engaged in promoting human welfare and social reforms, as a philanthropist
5. a person who professes ethical or theological humanitarianism
$20 can buy five jerry cans to help refugees collect clean water – a vital scarce resource during a crisis.
$50 saves up to 40 lives by buying 20 Mother & Baby clean birthing kits – each kit potentially saves the life of both the mother her baby.
$100 can save up to 50 lives by providing desperately needed malaria treatments
$500 can provide a desk, chair and a year of schooling to educate 10 children
Join the conversation #actionhour
Spread the message and join the conversation
If you would like any digital posters, banner ads or other branding materials to support your Action Hour activity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org